For if you don’t have enough money
I may or may not agree with this, but I do think it is a good attitude to have towards money, because as long as you think positively and have something to focus on you can achieve anything. Money isn’t everything but if you know what you need it for it is worth trying to earn more. Here’s something I learned from a very famous book entitled Think and Grow rich by Napolean Hill:
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness)
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. There is no such reality as “something for nothing.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning.
Here is a poem I came across which certainly helps too:
“I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store.
“For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.
“I worked for a menial’s hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have willingly paid.”
P.S. This is not my poem, if you know the name of the author please drop it in the comments below. Thanks for reading…